Prayer & Faith Empowerment Steps & Assignments
"I worship You Father! You are my God! Thank You for loving me!"
Step 1. Praise & Worship
- Come Before the Lord with Praise Praise and worship to the Lord puts us in His presence quickly. Praise is the highest expression of faith so it helps us to see the greatness of His power and experience the liberty and freedom of His presence. Praising God expands our vision of Him, as we take our eyes off our problems and see the magnificence of His power.
- The more we look at Him through praise and gratitude, the more we see Him. Fears are removed and we move into a place of fearlessness, looking intently at His mighty power.
- The Holy Spirit begins to reveal more and more of Who God is to us and that leads us into gratitude and worship. That's revelation given to us by the Holy Spirit, as He helps us to reverence our Father in awesome worship.
- In this intimate place with God, our faith increases to new levels through the revelation we are receiving from the Holy Spirit, Direction and wisdom come from our spirits in this place of worship.
- Now I know you may not have time to enter into this place of deep worship daily, but I challenge you to take a few minutes to praise God for who He is and His goodness in your life. Give Him your undivided attention. If you can only do it for a minute start there. Focus on the Lord only.
- As you start with a few minutes, the Holy Spirit will begin to interact with you and increase your praise and worship to the Lord.
- Use your concordance to find two or three scriptures that describe God's goodness and faithfulness. Look at a few different translations and write them down, Google "praise God" if you don't have scriptures, or use Gateway Bible or a similar Bible website.
- Next thank Him for being good and faithful to you and your family..
- Take a few minutes and write down what you are grateful to God for. If there are things have received by faith, thank God for those also. See yourself with those things and minister your undivided appreciation to Him for them.
Bible Reading Assignment
1. It is through reading the Bible that we learn about the character of God and His love towards us.
2 In John 10:27 Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice..." As born again believers we have been made alive in our spirits (the real person of who we are) and we hear our Father God's voice. Reading our Bible daily helps us to know when He is speaking to us, because He will always speak to us in line with His Word.
3. You may not have a lot of time to read, but I encourage you to take a few minutes right after your prayer time and read your Bible.
a. I recommend starting with one chapter in the old testament and one chapter in the new testament
b If that is too much, start with one chapter and if that is still too much, read one half of the chapter. But it is important that you add reading your Bible. Just do what you can do and the Holy Spirit will increase you.
c. You must believe that you can hear His voice, so right before you start reading say, "Father, I believe, I hear Your voice and I believe that as I read my Bible today, this is You speaking to me, in the Name of Jesus.""
d. Now start reading your Bible out loud. Faith comes by hearing and by hearing the Word of God. That is why it is so important to read it out loud. You are feeding your faith and renewing your mind.
f. Lastly, take a few minutes and jot down what you received from reading your chapter. This is what the Holy Spirit is showing you. Write it in your journal or pad so it is easily accessible to look at again during the next days of this challenge.