Prayer & Faith Empowerment Steps & Assignments
"Father, Thank You for the cleansing power of the Blood of Jesus. I am brand new."
Step 2. Confession & Repentance of Sin
- Repentance of Sin is important to our prayer time so we can stand in the place of God's righteousness. Even though God has already forgiven us of our sins by putting them on our Lord Jesus Christ, it is important that we daily acknowledge our mistakes, trespasses, and sins, and put them under the Blood of Jesus.
- Doing this daily, helps us to realize and receive the life transforming power of the Blood of Jesus. The Holy Spirit will take us into deeper revelation of what that means to us as we build our faith to receive it.
- It also helps us receive the righteousness God has given us, so we can boldly speak and pray as God leads us during our prayer time, without having a sense of condemnation. Satan will always try to make us feel unworthy by bringing up our failures, put daily confessing our sins and receiving the Blood of Jesus, makes us free from condemnation. You will stand firm in God righteousness and holiness and grow in that consciousness daily.
- Read through all the parts of this section of "Repentance From Sin" in the Prayer Guide. Notice how the Blessing of the Lord is governing your life in place of the curse, because of the Blood of Jesus.
- Pay attention to the authority of the Blood of Jesus as you declare it over your home, family and business, etc. Every time you hear yourself pray through this section, your faith will grow in the power of the Blood of Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit will give you more and more revelation of the Blood as your faith receives it.
- Is there any situations in your life that are not bearing the power of the Blessing of the Lord? Take note of them and jot them down on your pad or journal. Is the enemy condemning you and telling you they can't change because you blew it? Take note, repent and put them under the Blood of Jesus.
Bible Reading Assignment
1. It is through reading the Bible that we learn about the character of God and His love towards us.
2 In John 10:27 Jesus said, "My sheep hear my voice..." As born again believers we have been made alive in our spirits (the real person of who we are) and we hear our Father God's voice. Reading our Bible daily helps us to know when He is speaking to us, because He will always speak to us in line with His Word.
3. You may not have a lot of time to read, but I encourage you to take a few minutes right after your prayer time and read your Bible.
a. I recommend starting with one chapter in the old testament and one chapter in the new testament
b If that is too much, start with one chapter and if that is still too much, read one half of the chapter. But it is important that you add reading your Bible. Just do what you can do and the Holy Spirit will increase you.
c. You must believe that you can hear His voice, so right before you start reading say, "Father, I believe, I hear Your voice and believe that as I read my Bible today, this is You speaking to me, in the Name of Jesus.""
d. Now start reading your Bible out loud. Faith comes by hearing and by hearing the Word of God. That is why is so important to read it out loud. You are feeding your faith and renewing your mind.
f. Lastly, take a few minutes and jot down what you received from reading your chapter. This is what the Holy Spirit is showing you. Write it in your journal or pad so it is easily accessible to look at again during the next days of this challenge.